Sunday 11 November 2012

IV. The Crew Carry Case




Since I'm not a fan of carry cases with foam trays, I had a go at making a magnetised one. I found a suitably sized MDF coffer at a hobby store, and picked up some 0.6 cm thick balsa and strips of red and black felt along with it. This is what I ended up with:

The case with its contents. And my favourite pipe.

The inside is divided into two major compartments- a slightly bigger one for the miniatures, and another one to hold all the gaming accessories- the playing cards, stat cards, rulebook, soulstones, etc. The latter is divided further into quarters. The former has a thin metal plate on the bottom and a metal strip on one of the sides; it's for the magnetised bases to stick to.  

The tied up rulebook holds in place the small accessories in the compartments underneath it.

I made the dividers out of balsa, and most of the inside is covered in red felt. There's a weathered painting in there, too. I played around a bit with acryllics and crackle medium. I'm very happy with how it turned out.



The painting.

7 comments:

  1. Looks very steampunk with a dose of horror - perfect for Malifaux. I bet it makes an impression on your opponents when they see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tremble with fear just gazing upon it!

    what magic is it to make the models stand inside :shock:



    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog through a comment you left on Spiky Rat Pack.

    I just wanted to say, so far I'm loving everything about it.

    The look of your blog is great, the soundtrack also.

    But most of all I really like the miniatures you have displayed here, the carry/display case is fantastic too.

    Keep it up, I look forward to seeing more of your darkly beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome! a beautiful project in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting take on a figure case, very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.