Friday 15 February 2019

CCVIII. Bloodfiend and Custodian Wraith - My Sculpts in Metal

If you follow me on Instagram you might have caught this yesterday: I've received a bunch of metal minis cast from my last year's sculpts. I'm quite thrilled about it. The minis will see a release by Harwood Hobbies soon, so if you like them you'll be able to get some for yourself.  I'll be painting one of each through the next couple weeks, and I'll definitely let you all know when they become available.

I've already painted the first two:

CUSTODIAN WRAITH






BLOODFIEND

 




These ghosts are white metal miniatures, and 37-40mm tall. The bases I put them on are 32mm diameter, but they were designed to fit OK on 25mm slotta bases.



I'm actually really looking forward to seeing other people's paintjobs on these.

29 comments:

  1. Looking forward to having the opportunity to get these minis ! The BLOODFIEND looks terrible and will be welcomed in my realm of chaos army :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How cool to see your stuff realized in a medium that others can enjoy. Please do let us know when they are available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Excellent. Congratulations on getting your own sculpts cast and sold commercially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to know. I'll keep an eye on Harwood then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well those certainly are interesting and I will be picking up a set for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, looking forward to working with these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEEEEEEEE! This is so cool! I really hope I manage to get my hands on some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dimly terrible. Thank you so much for sharing your work. I'm looking forward being able to paint these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on this milestone in your painting and modeling career! A day many aspire to. I smile to see the denizens of your shadowed realm steal away among mortal kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look wonderful, that's awesome getting a public release of your figure sculpts. Can't wait for them to go up for sale, think I'll be getting some :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Ana. I'll be on the lookout for these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ana, I'm a huge fan of your work. I really like the dark medieval atmosphere. May I ask where you find inspiration? I would love to know where you get it from because you really capture that old, folklore atmosphere. I don't even know how to describe it.

    Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I draw inspiration from many sources: literature, art, history, folklore, movies&TV, music, games, as well as my own thoughts, fears, passions and anxieties...

      Delete
  13. I've just binge-read your entire blog from start to finish. You have such a fantastic eye and imagination, and you've executed everything so beautifully. Incredible work and very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations. You are bookmarked on my browser and blog!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.