Friday 20 April 2018

CLXX. Great Unclean One Sculpted

Wilhelminiatures blog is holding a Great Unclean One competition. It allows any version of the Greater Daemon of Nurgle model, custom sculpts, and even artwork. You can find the rules here: GUO COMP. Still a couple weeks left until the deadline, so if you have a potential entry you may still make it.

I saw this challenge as an opportunity to do some sculpting, and opted to make my own GUO from scratch. Now, I don't need a full-sized one for gaming (especially not the size they are now, with the latest plastic iteration), so I rather made a downscaled one. It will take up less space. If I ever want to use the model, it can be cast as some kind of lesser daemon. It's roughly Blightking-sized, and sits on a 40mm round MDF base.





The sculpting is not perfect, but I like what I've made here. Waiting for putty to cure so I can move on to the next bit is still so difficult! I wanna do everything at once, but I can't. Training patience.





I've seen some of the entries already, and they're excellent. I'm sure the comp will be a lovely collection of different GUOs. Wish me luck. :)

27 comments:

  1. really nice sculpting... the face especially reminds me of a botchling from Witcher 3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! True, I see the resemblance now that I look at it.

      Delete
  2. What a great model! He's like a diseased little gnome, or a toad. A gnoad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not stopping to ask HIM for directions.

    I think he's rather charming. Good luck in the comp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really well done, especially love the antlers. If I ever were to build a GUO I'd steal that idea (but alas I find nurgle very unappealing)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! Truly impressive sculpt. I like the very concept and the execution. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific! I far prefer it to the official ones; it's both menacing and poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really good. I've entered the same contest but frankly I think this has got me beat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will be a tough competition for all, I'm sure. Looking forward to seeing the entire pool of entries.

      Delete
  8. Love thebutterfly "eyes" on the antlers. A very nice Boschean touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply awesome! His face reminds me of the Slug Baron from Berserk manga, which is very fitting for a GUO. You also managed to make him look kinda playful, which is fitting too :) Good luck on the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My congratulations for the Wilhelminiatures contest, you relly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.