Wednesday 27 February 2013

XV. The Nurse

Another human member of the Doctor's retinue. My Nurse is a stern lady in her late fifties. She was the wife of a country doctor, who died not long after the War had begun. As she is a widow she wears a black dress under her protective clothing. The Nurse is much devoted to her husband even after his death; when she left her home to join the Plague Doctor's staff she took with her his skull (the miniature shows her holding the skull).
 
The Nurse

The base for the conversion is Wyrd's Molly Squidpiddge. I guillotined her and sculpted a whole new head. I also put an apron over her dress. To make the base more interesting I built a small section of deteriorating wooden fence out of balsa. The choice of colours and the red cross on her hat tie her in with the rest of the gang.


The human part of the crew.


7 comments:

  1. Hey mate,

    found this blog via the recommendation Dave Taylor posted over on his own blog, and I have to say I am quite awestruck by your models! While I am not into Malifaux, the strong theme running through your gang of models and the amount of thought that seems to have gone into it all truly make this a standout hobby project! I also love your, shall we say "holistic" approach to the project, from the models themselves to the counters, cards, case and what have you.

    Some marvelous stuff here! Instantly bookmarked ;-)

    Thanks for sharing and keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Krautscientist! I'm glad you like it here, in my dark and grimy little corner of the Internet. Enjoy your stay in the Gardens!

      Delete
  2. Fork me sideways! What a great garden you have created here, i really enjoyed peeking through your work. It is something quite different than what i've seen elsewhere. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing stuff hanging around in here.
    Your work is proof that one can inject emotion and spirit into any medium.
    Just wanted to stop in and thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lady, I like her and her macarbe husband.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.