Friday 14 August 2020

Gardens of Hecate Studio

Dear readers,

You are looking at the final post of this blog. It's been going for more than eight years, and time has come for it to shut down... Because we're entering a brand new chapter: Gardens of Hecate is moving to its own new website!



                                               gardensofhecate.com







After jumping through a swarm of bureaucratic hoops since the end of 2019, I recently managed to establish a legitimate professional miniature painting studio. Hell of a year, 2020... 

What does this mean?

From now on, making miniatures is not only my hobby, but also my full-time occupation. Luckily, I’m more passionate about it than ever. 

I do not intend to stop blogging, and the type of content on the new blog will stay the same as it was here. I have upgraded my camera, computer and editing software, which will enable me to elevate the quality of my content to a higher level. I’m especially looking forward to being able to make nicer-looking tutorials and battle reports. There will be no paywalls, it will stay freely available to everyone. Plan is to give videos a try at some point, but that’s still far off. 

Apart from the blog, the new website contains a gallery of past projects, as well as a convenient contact form through which you can easily inquire about any commission ideas you may have. 

I will also continue to be present on Facebook and Instagram, and you can follow and reach me through there as well.

This old blog is staying right where it is. There are years and years of posts here, including useful tutorials, which I would hate to take down. So it will be retired, but still stand as an archive of my projects. I will, however, disable comments (starting a week from now). Regularly weeding out the spam is something I’m not ready to continue doing on an inactive blog. 


Thank you all for your attention and support over the years, and I hope you will follow Gardens of Hecate to its new home on gardensofhecate.com. If you like what I do, consider commissioning a little something for your collection. 


Regards,
Ana

 

Hecate artwork by the amazing @blackcrabart

34 comments:

  1. All the best for the new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your inspirational blog and looking forward to seeing the new venture. I hope and am sure it will go well.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whilst I’m sad to see this place stall, I’m happy to hear you and your amazing imagination are taking the next step on a fantastic journey! Wish you the best Ana, over the years of quietly following your blog, it has always been a delight to see what you’d come up with as each new post is published and pops up on my feed.

    Here’s to the new site and full time job being wildly successful!

    - Dai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to this new age of the Gardens! :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was kind of distressed there for a moment when I read that first line in my feed! :D

    I'm happy the old Gardens of Hecate blog will remain, even in a dormant archive state. You and your work have been a constant source of inspiration for years and there's a lot of awesome memories of past projects truth be told.

    I wish you the very best success with your future plans and occupation/career. Not luck, just all the best, you don't need luck because your creative works are simply fantastic and loved by many.

    Long live Gardens of Hecate!

    (really odd timing for me. I've recently been in a state of constant thought on what I want to do creatively and have been pondering closing my blog and maybe starting completely fresh elsewhere.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Hehe, don't worry. It's not the end, just a new beginning.

      I'm sure you'll find a way to reorganize your creative output to suit your needs. Just keep going!

      Delete
  6. The blog is dead, long live the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!

    One request: is there an RSS feed at the new place? I can't seem to find one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There isn't one. I emailed my web designer about it, hopefully we'll have it soon.

      Delete
    2. RSS should be enabled now. When you're on the blog, scroll all the way down. The RSS icon is next to the Facebook and Instagram links.

      Delete
  8. Really looking forward to the new content on your site! Congrats on being able to have this as your full-time career!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to subscribe to the blog part of your new website for updates, but apparently it doesn't have an atom or RSS feed. Is there another way to sign up for updates? (apart from having to use facebook or instragram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There isn't one. I emailed my web designer about it, hopefully we'll have it soon so you can follow the new blog. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. RSS should be enabled now. When you're on the blog, scroll all the way down. The RSS icon is next to the Facebook and Instagram links.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations Madame Polanscak ! I wish you great success on the new path you're taking.
    And thank you for all the amazing stuffs you create/paint, they're such a breather from Gw aesthetic...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing opportunity, I think it's great and I'm very happy for you. I'll continue to follow your work so very excited to see where you go next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog has been one of my favourites for several years - wonderful figures and an utterly unique vision. I wish you all the best with the new project, and hope it allows you to explore your ideas to new depths!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone else has said it sooner and better, but Congratulations! none the less. Here is to eight more fantastic years of the macabre. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All the best for this new adventure! I hope that taking all this to the next level allows you to develop new layers of great art!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the great content here and all the best for the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog has been a source of inspiration since the very beginning. Thanks so much for sharing your vision with us, and I wish you all the best in your new endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.