Saturday 30 June 2018

CLXXIX. Legen: Sir Pelial and the Craven Cur







 









*   *   *

Pelial's new four-legged companion is the final member of his retinue. The hound minis come from North Star and Warlord. I only needed one for the knight's warband, but this was a great opportunity to cross all of them from my list of unpainted minis. They'll come in handy for a variety of scenarios. Among the seven I've got there were four unique sculpts, so I slightly converted the three duplicates. When I saw I had all these different poses, it occured to me that I could capitalize on that and tell the dog's story solely trough images. Since the protagonist is an animal that doesn't speak, it's fitting, and it was a lot of fun to try. Please let me know how I did.

   *  

The day of the game is getting close, and more and more work from the participants is getting revealed. Most post on their Instagrams. Helge's knight, retinue and giants (1 2 3 4). Rebecca's fish-riding knight and cent-squires (1 2 3). Mikkel's knight (1). Vladimir's rhino knight finished (1). Tommy has made this monstrosity: (1). I'm really impressed by all the models my friends have created for this project. And there's more coming!

   *   

In the meantime, I've built the fourth and final peasant house for the table. This one even has an upstairs. A windmill is next in queue; the largest scenery piece for this project.





31 comments:

  1. Nicely done, and could not agree more with the choice, let the actions speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog's story works really well. The way you've used different models to depict different states is great.

    I like the houses. I think you've got the balance just right between homely and grim there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, poor puppy :( I felt so bad for it, especially in the rain. Glad it finally got back to Pelial alright in the end.

    Great use of the different poses you had. With the effects added in, there's a real sense of motion there; it really brings the story to life.

    Really great work by your friends, too. All y'all have done an amazing job of keeping a unified aesthetic across so many different projects, by so many different artists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story telling! Poor dog. I'd have run from that thing too.

    Love the house as well. Can't wait to see the full table.

    And thanks for the links. I'd not seen Rebecca's stuff before; super weird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    About the Legen project, will you play only one large multiplayer game or will you play several games? Will there be an event report?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be one multiplayer game. Knights versus Gargants. Yes, there will definitely be at least one event report. :)

      Delete
    2. Good^^, and the Gargants Will be used by a player or use an AI system or similar?

      Delete
    3. They won't have a player, their behaviour will be programmed.

      Delete
  6. God damn, this kind of storytelling is brilliant! Great photography and editing too, having that background really pays off :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hounds look great. Love the story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All in all ... a fine work of art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I don't think I could have done something like this near as good. Still I'd like to give it a try some time. I love the storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Urion! Definitely do give it a try. The joy of this hobby of ours is it has so many facets.

      Delete
  10. This is an diffenrent approach to your Knight`s tale, unlike the other "naive fairy tale" ones, but also good. I especially like the pictures(as I call them): "The entrance of Prince Arpad", "Poor dog in the rain" and "'Pointy Finger' Westcott: This is your new master now".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Cottages are stunning, I've never seen a more expressive Thatched Roof: Tutorial please! As an aside, found your work displayed in 28 Mag and went looking for more immediately. Delighted to find your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      You can find the cottage tutorial here:
      http://gardensofhecate.blogspot.com/2018/06/clxxvi-peasant-house-step-by-step.html

      Delete
  12. Thanks Ana (missed it as I ran through a cross section of your posts). Looking forward to more of your work (and heading over to Kickstarter now). Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.