Monday 30 March 2020

CCLV. The Amfast Campaign vol.1


The Amfast Campaign is a joint effort with my boyfriend, whom I'm still introducing to miniature wargaming. We'll play it to keep our spirits up while sequestered due to the ongoing pandemic. Amfast is a small city in ruins, and we'll be liberating it from Chaos scum; it's a totally basic setup, just something to do together. We'll make battle reports for each game and keep you all posted on our progress.

As for our choice of rules, we'll give the new Planet 28 system a try. I backed Nic's Kickstarter for the zine. It won't reach me anytime soon because of the current situation, but the rulebook was recently released for free in PDF form: LINK.

Since #28magchallenge is going on at the moment, this was a good excuse to come up with a custom lesser chaos god. We created Uras, the god of Pride. We'll talk more about him in future updates.
The mag is now on Patreon, btw, so if you want to support  28 you can donate here: LINK.


Army of Soraan the Vainglorious, Champion of Uras


Servants of the Ruinous Powers occupying Amfast. I made the minis last week, quickly knocked them together from various plastic historicals and speed painted them. The aesthetic is a bit different from what I'm doing in Sunhold. This is a nice break and opportunity to do some things that would not fit there. Since Planet 28 is meant as a futuristic system I put some rifles in there, and picked ranged Stormcast for our PCs. We'll see how it plays soon. More enemies will be coming as the campaign progresses, including the big baddie Soraan himself (my entry for the 28mag challenge).

Chaos Warrior and Chaos Chosen

Chaos Infantrymen and Chaos Infantryman Sargeant

Chaos Pikemen

Chaos Knight

 

Stormcast Castigators


I created these two as player characters for us. In life, they were heroes from opposing armies, who happened to kill each other in battle. Now they have been reforged and serve Sigmar together as Stormcast Eternals.

Loriana Steelstorm, Templar of the Celestial Virtues



Gordon the Vigilant, Redeemer of the Great Cities


I hope you are all safe and doing OK in these interesting times.

22 comments:

  1. Yes, stonkingly brilliant. I looked at the first picture and thought that's great and they just got better and better as I scrolled down. Think I like the knight and the pikemen best, but they are all cool. Well done, and stay well.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great miniatures and a fascinating idea about the Stormcast killing each other in their previous lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great concept and cool minis !
    I like your two stormcast.
    I like when peoples makes avatar of themself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very atmospheric models there. I particularly like the chaos infantrymen, who have a very Ian Miller feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The whole chaos faction here has a bit of a Miller flavour.

      Delete
  5. Chaos pikemen! Instantly evocative. I love that knight and can't believe you threw together a conversion that I would have agonised over.

    I'm also really keen on the Uras's symbology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn, I get a Heavy Metal magazine feel from these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's simply incredible how you manage to get all of them so personal, so cohesive, given the variety of sources. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A lot of that effect is in the cohesive paintjob and basing, I would say.

      Delete
  8. As always, beautiful painting and intriguing backstory! Looking forward to the adventure you guys will roll out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hats off to you for finding the time to work on another campaign, alongside of Sunhold, even if the Pandemic has brought a lot of people more free time. I very much like how you have injected a little bit of futurism to the AoS aesthetic, while keeping it in the realm of fantasy. For whatever reason, I am reminded of the animated film Wizards. It was kind of a post-apocalyptic fantasy, but the robot Necron 99 still had his laser gun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Wizards is a fascinating film. :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.