Thursday 27 February 2020

CCLII. AoS28: Sunhold Deadwalkers and Netopyr

At last found a bit of time for my personal projects, so I made a few figures real quick. 

 Sunhold Deadwalkers


I'm trying to settle for a definitive look for my undead in the Sunhold setting. Reanimated denizens of the city's past will be a commonly encountered enemy. I want them based on partly skeletonised/partly mummified remains, like the ones in Sicilian Capuchin crypts. Converted both these Deadwalker soldiers using plastic historicals - same as for many of my living humans. These required a bit more work with the scalpel, drill and putty, though.

Deadwalker Footsoldier and Deadwalker Crossbowman.



 *

 Netopyr

 

These giant bats came from the Grymwatch kit. They were originally chained together, and I managed to cut them apart and base them separately. I changed their faces and feet as well, to make them look less cartoony. They will join the ranks of the feral Vampires and their ghoul servants.





While I was at it, they got Fabula profiles. Here they are:






That's it, back to work...

9 comments:

  1. These are superb. I very much like how the skeletons fit right in with most of the other soldiers you have built. Very cohesive. And you did a great job of replacing the faces with skulls. That must have been fiddly work!

    As a fan of bats, I am pleased to see that you made those GW bats less wonky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Turning their faces undead took a bit of fine drilling and putty work. I'm happy with the results.

      Delete
  2. Are those Perry miniatures? Fantastic what you've done to them. So much more character than the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the posing on the footsoldier. Oddly tilted arms + static feet definitely gives the impression of an unnatural stance.

    Fabula looks amazing. Likely to try it out using your test rules in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look more than scary, what a great job! The undead are particularly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly done! Nice painting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.