Tuesday 21 May 2019

CCXXI. King Ambros II

Ambros II. A king of Folda from the post-Ostrom era.

This is another in my series of scratch built dead people busts. I got to try out new materials I've purchased, like tiny faux gems and pearls (sold as fingernail decorations). Great stuff. I was channelling catacomb saints for this one (I've written about them a bit before: LINK). 


The piece is cca 65mm tall. Made of mixed materials, including epoxy putty, DAS clay, card, cotton, wire, jewellery elements, thumbtacks, etc. Those of you who follow me on Instagram have seen some work in progress shots already.




14 comments:

  1. This is just amazing. I also looked at these little not-gems but didn't think to use them for anything, and here they fit with just right. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can see use for those gems in making treasure piles for gaming and dioramas.

      Delete
  2. Sublime. I am absolutely in love with this series of busts. Wonderful work Ana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! The little gems complement your style of painting aged metal and other materials perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They produce a lovely effect when they're dirtied-up a bit.

      Delete
  4. All those busts are really awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding craftsmanship, that's one amazing little sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mummified remains hold a weird (disturbing?) fascination with me and yours look very realistic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.