Monday 26 June 2017

CXXXI. What the Hell Happened to Bambi

Next batch of minis for Monstrous Births is underway - the Misshapen Deer. This unfortunate creature is the first one of five. I won't share much back story about them at this point; I'll have to save that for a later date. For now, enjoy the model. 

There is something strange going on in the woods...
I had a good time painting the mottled fur.
This doe has real chaos going on with her limbs, a squat body and mismatched eyes. Each of the subsequent deer will have a unique set of deformities.
The base model is Sisters of the Thorn mount. There are extra legs from old Wood Elf Glade Rider horses, and from a cheap plastic toy. The rest is Milliput. The model is larger than I would find ideal, but the Sisters of the Thorn deer sculpt was just too lovely to pass up.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking miniature lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twisted and grotesque, and... I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... Interesting. Perhaps are they part of the court of the Forest King?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1000% original 1000% creepy
    as usual... I m loving it ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the sculpting and the paint job are totally inspiring. The bambi paintjob disturbs the child in me where as the sculpting leaves me scratching my head. Any tips for starting down the road with Miliput? How does it compare to greenstuff?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great. I love it. Reminds me of Sleipnir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, subtle and dreadful! Very nice indeed. Brings to mind Beksinski's earlier work, that sort of wonderful structural offness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour from outer space does a great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice paintjob on this intereting sculpt :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, everyone!

    @Watashi Taisho - nope, these are something else. :)

    @Hot Dice Miniatures - they have quite different properties. GS is like old chewing gum, and Milliput behaves a lot like clay. Even in the way it reacts to water. Each of the two has its uses.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely! Oh deer... cant wait to see the others

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always astonish. I love this kind of Bambi.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This painted model is very unnerving and that's all due to your skill in creating it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.