While at it, I messed with the musical Bell-Ringer as well. I wasn't too happy with his warpaint (which I introduced to counter the monotony of his big green surfaces), or his skin tone in general. So after repainting the skin in a more suitable shade of sickly green, I tried to employ other means adding a bit of detail and interest. First, I let his head sprout a couple of antlerlike branches with tin leaves. I like it, because it's a pretty surreal concept. Just this was not enough, as the chest area was the biggest problem. After trying out some other stuff, I eventually just hung a bell around his neck- and that solved the problem.
And here's a group shot of the three done so far:
* * *
Several parcels of goodies have arrived to my address this week, including a small order from Victoria Miniatures. I ordered the awesomly grotesque and quite amusing Labyrintus Fairies, and along with them these white metal goggles:
I am very, very pleased with these. In fact, as soon as I unpacked the goggles, I installed them on the Plague Doctor and the Nurse. I think it considerably improved their faces:
Now I'll have to restrain myself from putting goggles on everything...
And just this afternoon I picked up a pair of the new Citadel Technical paints: Typhus Corrosion and Agrellan Earth. Can't wait to try them out. Especially the latter, since it seems like a crackle effect paint that actually works.